What is a Goal?
My Definition- Something that appears far but with persistence, determination, being focused and having faith can be achieved or met.

Dictionary- An observable and measurable end result, having one or more objectives to be achieve within a more or less fixed time frame.

Setting yourself goals in life is very important to making dreams a reality. It’s something to look forward to and all pays off in the end. Of course you never know what’s going to happen in the next month or two that might make your goals appear further away but writing down what you want in life will keep you focused on the bigger picture.

Now that you know what a goal is and had time to come up with a few. Ask, how can this become a reality because without a plan to achieve it will always just be a dream.

For me, I wanted a car. I didn’t know how I was going to do it, what I needed, or when I was going to get it done, but my goal was to buy a car. I decided to write down short term goals that would help me to get to the bigger goal which was to get a car.

We all need money to get the things we want, right? so I had to get a job. I applied everywhere local, that way even if I didn’t have transportation I would be able to walk. I found a job which allowed me to make and save money. I saved a lot of my money which helped me to later purchase a car.

Now that I had a job that gave me a steady income, I could afford to take my permit exam which would ensure that I could take driving lessons. On my 18th birthday I took my driving test, passed and was a licensed Florida Driver.

Me getting a job, saving money, drivers lessons and passing my Florida State driving exam where short term goals that would ensure me that when I did get my car that I would be able to hit the road and drive.

So I had my license, my money and all I needed was my car. I went to different dealers, did my research and I was able to buy my first car.

Now this process wasn’t easy and it took well over a year to achieve but I never gave up, was persistent and focused and I was always looking at the bigger picture which was meeting my Goal of buying my car.

Set yourself goals big and small and have a plan to attack, give yourself a reasonable time frame to meet them and sooner or later you will be looking back and feeling so proud.
Anyone can make their dreams a reality

If you I can do it so can you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Social

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts